Food Regulatory Law
As a specialist agricultural law firm, Roythornes has acted for food businesses for over 80 years. During this time, we have developed unrivalled expertise that is acknowledged nationally by our clients and peers.
The law places the onus on all food business operators to achieve compliance with detailed and complex regulations. The consequences of failing to comply can include significant financial penalties, reputational damage, and even custodial sentences.
Led by Hannah Leese, our specialist team can help to guide you through this difficult and often confusing regulatory landscape. We understand the food industry and are committed to providing you with the best advice which is tailored to your individual needs. We act for a wide range of clients including primary producers, manufacturers, wholesalers, and retailers.
We can advise you on
- Informal advice and warnings
- Formal enforcement letters
- Remedial Action Notices
- Hygiene Improvement Notices
- Detention Notices
- CCTV notices
- Welfare Enforcement Notices
- Appealing decisions by the Food Standard Agency to suspend or revoke Certificates of Competence
- Interview Under Caution
- Criminal Prosecutions
- Appealing approval decisions by the Food Standards Agency
- Challenging unlawful action by the Food Standards Agency or DEFRA
For further information on the team and how they can help, visit their website here.